Naturopathic Medicine Education
Licensed naturopathic physicians attend a 4 to 5 year medical program, which includes coursework in the basic health sciences, pharmacology, lab and physical diagnosis, as well as classes in numerous natural healing modalities discussed below. It also includes hundreds of hours of clinical observation and intership with supervision. Naturopaths use their knowledge of healing and optimizing health to help guide you toward your ultimate goal of living a more vibrant and fulfilling life
Six Principles of Naturopathic Medicine
- Primum non nocere – Above all, do no harm.
- Vis medicatrix naturae – Use the healing power of nature, that innate wisdom of the body, to initiate the healing process.
- Tolle Causum – Identify and treat the underlying cause of disease.
- Tolle totum – Treat the whole person, as unique individuals.
- Docere – Doctor as teacher, coach, and motivator.
- Praevenic – Prevention is the best medicine.
- Comprehensive and Functional Labs – testing, analysis and access to specialty lab testing for targeted conditions
- Nutritional and Dietary assessment and treatment – Nutrition is foundational to optimum wellness supplying all of the necessary energy, vitamins, minerals and building blocks for our thousands of biochemical processes to function. A naturopath can help assess your nutrition status and nutritional needs, and guide you in dietary changes or provide supplementation to improve nutritional balance.
- Homeopathy – Based on the theory the “like cures like”, homoepathic remedies subtly tap into the wisdom of the body to heal. The remedies contain a miniscule amount of the substance it is derived from, yet carries the energetic imprint of the substance. Very profound healing has been achieved through homeopathic medicine.
- Physical Medicine – Naturopaths are trained in assessing and treating many physical complaints. We use manual therapy techniques that include massage and myofascial release, as well as joint manipulation. We also can give exercises and stretches that can be done at home so you can feel better faster. See below for more information about my Physical Medicine services
- Botanical Medicine – The use of plants to stimulate a healing process has been practiced for thousands of years. In fact, many pharmaceutical drugs are derived from plants. Modern research continues to shed light on how the plant world can help achieve health and prevent disease.
- Lifestyle Counseling – One benefit to seeing a naturopath is the time given to your individual needs. A naturopath can use this time to help coach and support you to make some tough lifestyle changes, which may include things like exercising regularly, changing negative thought patterns, or reducing your desire for a substance that may have a poor impact on your health.
Take The First Step Today On Your
Journey To Health
Perhaps you have questions you’d like to ask before you make a decision to become a patient. Our patient coordinator is standing by, happy to answer any questions you have to determine if Fusion Natural Health is right for you.