Frequently Asked Questions
We’d love to be your partner along your journey towards vibrant health! Please review frequently asked questions listed below and feel free to contact our staff for any other questions via email or phone.
Scheduling & Visits
What should I expect at my initial visits?
During your initial consultation, Dr. Cara will carefully review and discuss your medical history as well as perform any needed physical exams. If you are a good candidate for our services, Dr. Cara will discuss the necessary lab tests and schedule your follow-up appointments. If you have musculoskeletal complaints, Dr. Cara will assess and evaluate your structure and joint function and often provide an short treatment with myofascial therapies to introduce her bodywork approach.
What should I expect for my follow up visits?
Depending on your treatment and health goals, Dr. Cara will spend time in consultation or providing physical medicine with myofascial therapies or injection services. If indicated she will review any additional records or lab results, and present a targeted and individualized treatment plan.
What should I wear for bodywork sessions?
Bodywork clients should wear comfortable clothing for postural and movement assessment. During Hellerwork sessions, it is best if women wear a tank top with exercise shorts and if men wear gym shorts. This allows for flexibility of working on and off the table. Occassionally, depending on the area being treated, the patient may undress further and be draped with a sheet, as is done during a typical massage therapy session.
What's the cost for visits*?
: – T T
*These rates include a discount for payment at the time of visit. I offer discounted prices because of reduced overhead by not billing insurance. My prices are discounted 25%-35% from prices I would bill an insurance company, and an additional 15% discount when a package of 4 visits are paid in advance, or when a monthly base fee is collected. This estimate does not list the billed rate, however if a spreadsheet of my complete fee schedule is desired, I can provide a copy.
My most common services are priced as follows:
New Patient Visits:
- Comprehensive Naturopathic Visit – 90 minutes – $279.00
- Basic Naturopathic visit – 60 minutes – $222.00
- Physical Medicine or Structural Integration visit – 90 minutes – includes initial intake and evaluation plus 45-60 minutes of bodywork – $245.00
Naturopathic Office visit – 45 minutes – $147.00
- Hellerwork Structural Integration – No Naturopathic consult – 75 minutes – $175.00
- Rehabilitative Physical Medicine – 60 minutes $140
- *If longer physical medicine visits are requested, it is billed in 15 minute increments. Each additional 15-minute unit is $35.00
- New Patient Evaluation and Treatment: 75-90 minutes $279.00 *Prolotherapy is not performed at an initial visit.
- Add-on injection services (in addition to another appointment):
- Superficial 1 area – 15 minutes – $60.00 + supply fee*
- Superficial 2-4 areas – up to 60 minutes – $120.00 + supply fee*
- Joint/Prolotherapy (60 minutes) – $200.00 plus supply fee*
- * All Injection services have an added minimum $15.00 supply fee. For injections requiring Procaine, the supply fee is $30.00.
Dr. Cara is currently offering standard relaxation and deep tissue massage services as an introductory offering as she is starting her practice in Camas. This does not include Naturopathic consultation or Rehabilitative Physical Therapy evaluation and services, as this would be an added fee.
55 minutes – $90
85 Minutes – $130
*These rates include a discount for payment at the time of visit.
** Some services qualify for a package or monthly auto-pay discount
What Are The Restrictions On Virtual Doctor's Visits?
Dr. Cara can provide Virtual Doctor’s visits to Oregon and Washington residents.
Dr. Cara can provide consultations that do NOT diagnose or prescribe medications to residents of states that do not currently license Naturopathic Doctors. Please contact us to know more about this service.
Patients have email access with our Fusion Natural Health team. However, if an email question or request is deemed by one of our staff to be too complicated or involved for a response via email they may, at their discretion, require that the patient schedule a virtual or in-person visit instead of responding via email. E-mail can not be used to present a new complaint, or provide a new diagnosis or treatment. It is meant to clarify plans that have already been discussed during a visit.
Scheduling & Cancellations
Please know that when you late cancel, or no-show, you have disrupted the flow and income of the provider and prevented another patient to take your spot. There are occasionally valid reasons for late cancellation, and Dr. Cara understands this. If late-cancellation is necessary, please let her know ASAP so she can possibly fill the spot or plan accordingly. For naturopathic visits, it may be possible to switch a visit to an on-line virtual appointment at the last minute.
There is a 36-hour cancellation policy. Canceling within 36-hours will result in a $50 charge to the credit card on file. If you paid a $50.00 deposit at booking, you will forfeit the deposit.
No-shows: If you do not show up to a virtual or in-person appointment without notification, you will be charged $50.00 to the card on file.
Billing & Insurance
We Are Not A Conventional Primary Care Practice
Dr. Cara loves to establish a lasting connection with her patients, and can support their health foundation for many chronic conditions, but she does not operate like a traditional Primary Care practice. As a solo provider, she not able to be reliably available for acute care. We are not always available for same-day acute emergency appointments and do not have a 24-hour answering service and do not take calls on weekends. If you need to be seen urgently or have a medical emergency you would need to either call 911, visit an ER or urgent care center or contact your primary care provider. Dr. Cara values a collaborative relationship with your team of providers, and is happy to work with them to support you the best way possible.
We are not contracted with Insurance companies.
After careful thought and deliberation, Dr. Cara has decided not to contract with insurance companies. This was a difficult decision because she understands that it may limit some patients from seeing her. But because Naturopaths are reimbursed, on average, 40% less than conventional colleagues, and with ever-increasing administrative costs related to insurance billing, and frequent denials of payment, she does not feel it is the best path for her style of practice. She values the time she spends with patients, and does not want to have to keep visits short in order to comply with insurance requirements and make a living. She prefers to keep her prices reasonable, and have offerings that can accommodate as many people as possible. For multiple visits, you can prepay for a package of sessions for additional savings, or sign up for a membership with is a 3 month minimum commitment, and receive the lowest price on the service of your choice. Dr. Cara is very approachable, and if you need an alternative payment plan, please reach out.
The cost of any services provided by Fusion Natural Health will be billed to you directly. We accept payment by cash, check, credit card, and FSA/HSA accounts. If requested, we will provide you with a detailed billing summary that you may submit to your insurance for reimbursement, complete with diagnosis codes and billing codes.
On-line booking requires a $50.00 deposit for the service, and the late cancel/no-show fee is $50.00
Some medical expenses such as lab tests and prescription medications may be covered by a member’s health insurance plan per that plan’s rules.
Fusion Natural Health will not submit a medical claim to insurance on your behalf, except for MVA insurance. We cannot assist you with claim resolution for our services.
About Lab Tests
- Most lab tests ordered by a Fusion Natural Health physician will be billed directly to your insurance by the lab.
- Some lab tests we offer as part of our functional medicine testing program may not be covered by insurance and in these cases you will be charged a fee for a particular test by the lab or through Fusion Natural Health.
- The specific tests ordered will be personalized to you based on your doctor’s evaluation and may include blood, saliva, urine, or stool testing.
- We will make every effort to make you fully aware of any additional lab fees that may be incurred and to give you the opportunity to choose which lab tests you feel comfortable paying for.
- You are under no obligation to purchase any specialty testing.
- Should any lab results indicate you need further testing, you may be directed to continue your care with your primary care physician or a relevant specialist. You may choose to continue to work with your Fusion Natural Health physician, in coordination with your PCP or specialist.
- At home test kits: If a lab test kit is mailed to you from Fusion Natural Health or directly from the lab, you will be charged the day the kit is mailed.
- If your particular insurance company only pays for blood work done at a particular lab facility like Quest or Providence, you must inform us of this in advance of having blood work done. Most insurance plans cover labs done by major national labs. Fusion Natural Health has contracts with some labs that provide special pricing for patients who do not have insurance coverage.
Take The First Step Today On Your
Journey To Health
Perhaps you have questions you’d like to ask before you make a decision to become a patient. Our patient coordinator is standing by, happy to answer any questions you have to determine if Fusion Natural Health is right for you.