Dr. Cara Orscheln
During her Naturopathic medical studies at National University of Natural Medicine she had the opportunity to observe and work with the top echelon of physicians in the holistic medical field. She graduated in 2011 with academic honors, a certificate in Homeopathy, and honors in research for study in detoxification diets. As a student she took an in-depth homeopathy course with New England School of Homeopathy. She also participated in a year mentorship with an emphasis in cardiovascular health under the supervision of the distinguished Naturopathic Physicians, Dr. Martin Milner and Dr. Jeremy Mikolai, at the Center for Natural Medicine.
Dr. Cara has focused on studying the intersection of the musculoskeletal, nervous and hormonal systems through the lens of the interconnecting fascia organ system. The fascia system includes connective tissues that weave through the body and encompasses joints, ligaments, muscles and tendons, and subcutaneous space. Fascia provides the scaffolding for nutrient and oxygen exchange, innervation, vascular and lymphatic flow and hormonal communication. She has taken a keen interest in Biological Medicine, Neural Therapy, Ozone therapy, Prolotherapy, and Perineural Injection therapy as it relates to fascia health. She has studied with experts in each of these fields, including the following:
- David Berkshire, LAc: Co-Owner of Kwan YIn Healing Arts, a local prominent integrative medical clinic, where Dr. Cara has the privilege to practice from 2012 to 2019. He has a profound understanding of human physiology and the application of Biotherapeutic Drainage, botanical medicine and homeopathy.
- Dr. Jeff Harris, ND: An American expert in the European healing modality called Neural Therapy
- Dr. Ralf Oettmeier, MD: Medical director with the Alpstein Clinic in Switzerland, a biological medicine and dentistry integrative medicine clinic. Dr. Cara took a series of classes on Neural Therapy and Biological Medicine from this distinguished doctor.
- Dr. Frank Shallenberger, MD – Dr. Completed the Medical Ozone certification and Beginning Prolozone Injection course. Advanced training is pending.
- Dr. Tyna Moore, ND, DC – Dr. Cara has had a profoundly educational opportunity to study with one of the most prominant educators and voices in the field of Regenerative Injection Therapies through her selective full year Prolotherapy Mentorship program.
- Dr. John Lyftogt, MD – A medical doctor from New Zealand, who has developed the Peri-Neural Injection Therapy with a buffered solution of 5% Dextrose and teaches internationally.
Dr Cara has also been growing her family since 2012, with 2 young children. In addition to embracing the challenges and joys of parenting, she spend her free time hiking with her kiddos and husband near waterfalls, bicycle rides, singing with her sisters, and being outdoors as much as possible. Through the years she has gained many tools for supporting her patients along their path of wellness and healing.
My Mission Statement:
“As a Naturopathic Physician and Bodywork Practitioner, my mission is to be a facilitator and co-creator with you in your journey toward health and wellness. My goal is to help you achieve your best physical health. I promise to provide a safe space for deeper connection and communication about your health. I recognize the body’s inherent desire to find balance and vitality. Every individual receives bodywork and health information in different ways and I intend to respect your process and be fully present during your treatment sessions.”
Take The First Step Today On Your
Journey To Health
Perhaps you have questions you’d like to ask before you make a decision to become a patient. Our patient coordinator is standing by, happy to answer any questions you have to determine if Fusion Natural Health is right for you.